WEBINAR: The management of stroke patients and reducing AF-related stroke during the coronavirus pandemic
In the second webinar in this new and exciting 'Need-to-Know' online series, brought to you by Issues & Answers, Dr Chris Arden addresses:
- What are the risks for a stroke patient during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- What are the devastating consequences of an AF stroke?
- What about the emotive side of having had a stroke?
- What has been the guidance produced in response to this issue?
- What advice should be given about continuing medication? Keeping appointments?
- How important is it to be appropriately anticoagulated?
- Should a patient be considered for switching to a DOAC and why?
- What special guidance should be provided to patients on warfarin?
- What additional advice, reassurance, guidance can you give to patients in addition to the NHS guidelines to help them protect themselves from infection?
- Why is it important to seek emergency medical advice if a patient is experiencing symptoms of a stroke?
Download the factsheet to this webinar below or watch the on-demand video here: https://www.issuesandanswers.org/webinar-on-demand/