NICE publishes updated guideline on chronic heart failure
NICE have recently launched an updated guideline on the diagnosis and management of chronic heart failure.
The guideline includes new and updated recommendations on:
- The role of the specialist heart failure multidisciplinary team
- Diagnosing heart failure and giving information to people with heart failure
- Managing all types of heart failure
- Treating heart failure with reduced ejection fraction, including people who also have chronic kidney disease
- Monitoring treatment for all types of heart failure
- Interventional procedures
- Cardiac rehabilitation and palliative care.
Some of the key point from the guideline are that:
NICE guideline (NG106) Chronic heart failure in adults: diagnosis and management https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng106
NICE chronic heart failure overview https://pathways.nice.org.uk/pathways/chronic-heart-failure
READ MORE ARTICLES